Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

What was/am I grateful for this year?

Being a mama is #1! The joy I felt holding Elliott is beyond anything I've ever experienced. I just felt so connected to him that at times I thought my heart would just burst with love and happiness. I cannot wait to have him home so we can be a "forever family".

My niece Jennifer and her husband Rob hosting their first Thanksgiving for the families! I was so proud of her and am so grateful to have her in my life. I love her and Rob so much!

Logan-the baby of Jennifer and Rob. I love seeing the world through his eyes. Everything is an adventure and life is to be lived full on. Logan is bright, curious, sweet, and smart. It sometimes feels a bit strange having a great-nephew and being a new mama! I can't wait for these two to meet!

Garrett. What can I say about the boy who has my heart? My nephew is smart and funny and helpful and kind and sassy and awesome. I have loved every weekend we have spent together for the past four years. He is Jennifer's little brother and I love them both so much.

My mom whom I too often take for granted and forget to enjoy her and appreciate all that she has done for me and my sisters. I love her very much and am glad she is part of my life.

My best friend/cousin Debbie and her family. She helps me keep my perspective, shares her love and her family, and helps me laugh at myself and at life! She has two beautiful children and a handsome husband, all of whom I also adore.

My sisters Sheri and Karen. What can you say about sisters? They know everything about me from childhood. They remind me of my many foibles and idiosyncrasies (ie: using big words!!) from when I was young and help me remember to be grateful for all we had growing up.

My almost a grown man nephew Lucas. He is quiet and smart and kind and solid. He has a great sense of humor and I am so glad he is my nephew. We don't spend as much time together as we did when he was young. Amazing how busy teenagers are these days! I have great faith in Lucas and know he will be an accomplished and wonderful adult.

My dad. I miss him every day. When you've had unconditional, always there, solid as a rock love, its hard not to miss that and feel that loss. This is especially true of the holidays. He never even knew Garrett and how sad is that for my dad and Garrett? I love it when we tell Papa stories when we get together and keep his memory alive for all of us, even those who know him only through our stories.

I am grateful for a God who recognizes my frailties and loves me anyway. I have a hard time being a shout it from the rooftops person but I know that the universe is an amazing and wonderful place and am happy to praise God in my own way.

What are you grateful for? I'd love to hear from you!

Love, Julie

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

I am grateful for prayer. That our Father hears our prayers and begins to line up everything necessary to answer them!

Oh, your son is beautiful! May God speed the process to putting him in your arms Julie.

xoxo
praying...

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Kimmie said...

Hi Julie...


I am responding to the photo editing...send me the picture...not sure I can do what you are asking...don't make a donation until you see if it is what you want...okay? I'd be happy to play with it though ;-)

send the photo to kimmie28@gmail.com

I may have more luck if you don't compress the photo (send it as big as you can.) If this doesn't work, I'll have you post it in the large size on your blog, and with permission I will copy it from there.

unless you know of a better way ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Lilypie

My iTunes