Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Baking

I had the appointment from you-know-where today and was in a tizzy. So what do I do when I'm in a tizzy? I call my older sister and ask her to come over and bake cookies for Christmas. We made sugar cookies and peanut butter fudge. We also made the dough for these delicious Chocolate Crinkles I found a new recipe for this year. I've also tinkered with it (of course) so they are a bit more dark chocolatey. They have to chill overnight so I'll bake them in the morning. It seems like we made more than that! My kitchen is a disaster and it smells soooooo good in my house.

I can't wait until next year to bake cookies with Elliott. I hope he likes to bake. I wonder what cookies will become his favorite? I've also wondered if he'll like hot chocolate with marshmallows. His cousins Danny and Travis love it so it will be fun to have the three boys together drinking hot chocolate. I wish I could send him a whole box of yummy Christmas goodies. I know we'll have lots of years to make Christmas memories and I'm looking forward to it!

Blessings,
Julie

No comments:

Lilypie

My iTunes