Friday, April 17, 2009

Dossier COMPLETED

Wow, I think this has been the most stressful two weeks of my life. My dossier has over 100 pages! I got everything back from the Haitian Consulate in Chicago and then had to copy everything eight times. It all had to be sorted into the perfect order and the copies had to be as well. My friend Cheryl from school went through the originals and the first copy to make sure it was in order. We found three errors! I had looked through those papers so many times. So then I got it sent to my adoption counselor in Montana. Overnight express! She then looked through everything and found two papers I hadn't done correctly and she needed them today! So I scrambled around and again, people were beyond helpful and I got the papers done. I have to send the originals to a different person who will then send the COMPLETED dossier to Haiti. I should know if this little boy is mine within the next two weeks.

I can only thank God for the blessings I have been given these last two weeks. I have been abundantly blessed by the kindness of strangers and friends these last two weeks. I have often joked with God that I don't need a brick upside the head to pay attention and listen, but sometimes God still has to whack me a time or two. If I ever had any doubts about adoption or this baby, they are completely gone. When God makes everything go so smoothly it is up to me to give thanks and understand the messages God is sending. Faith has gotten me through these weeks and months and I am grateful to be able to rely on my faith to get me through whatever is to come.

Some big thank you's to:
Cheryl, Jessica, Debbie, and Jennifer for listening and encouraging me.
The people in Washington state's Apostile office for returning my documents the next day.
The Haitian Consulate.
Pam and Lorraine at the ISD admin office.
My adoption counselor Cyndi.

No comments:

Lilypie

My iTunes