Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Boy? A BOY!

This must be what it feels to find out you are pregnant but it's very early and you don't know if the baby will be OK. I MAY have a baby! A baby boy! I know, I've always wanted a girl but when my adoption counselor called and told me about a two month old baby boy it just seemed right. The first orphanage I was going through remembered me and asked for me. I had switched orphanages because my adoption counselor recommended I try Foyer de Sion because Chances 4 Children had all their children matched and it would take much longer to get a match through them. I hustled and sent papers off and the papers came back super fast and the dossier is complete! I am sending a slew of papers to the Haitian consulate in Chicago. I am sending the I-600a form off soon as well.

So back to the baby boy...I cannot believe how wonderfully right this feels. I believe God has made this happen for me for a reason and I was supposed to be open and ready for a child, boy or girl. I am absolutely over the moon happy! I can't wait to be a mom. This makes it feel even more real. I won't know for a week or two if this baby boy is definitely mine. Once he is I am going to be planning a trip to Haiti as soon as I can. I've got names and colors to think about and my cousin gave me her changing table. I will have to get some boy color yarn to make a blanket! Please keep me and my baby boy in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Jschmalle said...

ALWAYS! We are so excited for you too. Love Ya.

Lilypie

My iTunes